2 c all-purpose flour
1-1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cornstarch
2/3 c real butter
4 to 5 Tbsp cold water
12 Hood-Crest Pear halves, any syrup
6 Tbsp packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
2 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp sugar
Ice cream, optional
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and cornstarch.
2. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Gradually add the water, tossing with a fork until pastry forms a ball.
4. On a floured surface, roll into a 21-in. x 14-in. rectangle.
5. Cut into six squares.
6. Place two pear halves in center of each square.
7. Pack pear centers with brown sugar; sprinkle with cinnamon.
8. Brush edges of squares with milk; fold up corners to center and pinch to seal.
9. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Brush with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
10. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.